The Promotions Director reports directly to the Market Manager but also works directly on a day-to-day basis with the Operations Manager. The Promotions Director is responsible for working with the programming and sales by being the driving force behind organizing and coordinating promotional events, arranging on-air contests, creating/executing sales programs, increasing the visibility of the station in the community, collecting, organizing and distributing contesting prizes, and coordinating promotional on-air activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus on our station’s presence in the local
- Continuous brainstorming, suggesting and devising of creative ideas for contesting, promotions and events that generate revenue and drive
- Work with the sales team to brainstorm, create and execute customized client partnership
- Hire and manage promotions part time staff and interns when
- Plan, execute and track revenue-generating marketing and promotional events
- Implement and manage all aspects of on-air Work with digital team to coordinate online contesting.
- Create client promotions and promotional proposals with OM and Market Manager or
- Have stations on the street making an impact, whether a paid sales event or community event ensuring our stations out doing something every
- Participate at station promotional events as necessary, including set-up and breakdown of promotional equipment and
- Vehicle maintenance: Make sure the vehicles are always clean, loaded, and ready for the next event. Ensure vehicles are properly maintained (oil changes, tire pressure, wiper blades, gasoline, etc.). This may be a delegated duty to individual Program Directors and supervised by the Promotions
- Take ownership of the promotional process and see projects through to the
- Plan and execute meaningful promotions meetings. Manage and drive the flow of promotion-related communication. Recap events of the previous week at promo
- Schedule and coordinate station talent at promotional
- Plan out in advance a calendar of large community events and develop an involvement
- Sets up and runs audio and other types of equipment; hangs banners and other staging
- Records events (i.e. photos, videos, audio and social media measures for station promotions).
- Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
- Prepares contest rules, waivers, and release forms for on air, digital, social media and other
- Supervises prize inventory and in-studio prize sheets as well as awarding of prizes at
- The right candidate will need to be Solution oriented and have good problem-solving
- Must enjoy a high energy
- Must be energetic and outgoing ‘people person”
- Must be very well organized and manage time
- Should have a record of excelling in a team environment and have strong computer and graphic art literacy, solid writing
- Supervisory experience since this person will be overseeing a department.
- Prior experience working in marketing or promotions within the media industry or a similar industry is
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and social media platforms
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
- High work standards and degree of attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making
- Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
- Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Excellent driving record
- Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects
- High school diploma; 4-year college degree preferred (emphasis in Communications, Advertising or Marketing)
- Valid driver’s license; Proof of insurability
Adams Radio Group is a medium to small market radio company focused on local radio operations and creating great marketing opportunities in the local communities. We are heavily involved in the communities we serve and are dedicated to the growth and success of the communities and clients we serve. Our employees are well seasoned radio professionals that know how to work with local communities and businesses.
Our company was formed in 2013 and have grown into five markets including Tallahassee, Fort Wayne, Chicago, Las Cruces and Salisbury-Ocean City, but our roots in radio are much deeper. Adams Radio began in the early 80’s with radio stations located in several markets across the country, including: San Diego, Phoenix, Seattle, Denver, Monterey, St. Louis, Charlotte, San Antonio, and Grand Rapids. The early radio markets were all sold by 1996 but Adams continued in the media business with Adams Outdoor and multiple publishing companies and reentered radio in 2013.
ADAMS RADIO MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. Adams Radio provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Adams Radio complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Adams Radio expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Adams Radio employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Send your resume and info to [email protected]