Adams Radio Group- Fort Wayne, IN is seeking an experienced Director of Sales to lead an accomplished team of Account Executives. Adams operates a cluster of 8 radio stations in market #113 and the DOS will be responsible for driving revenue for the cluster. This is not a stay behind the desk position as the DOS will be out in front of customers each week training and presenting ideas that drive business revenues for all. This individual will be in charge motivating and leading our team in the attainment of budgets, presenting a full menu of products including digital and events. This person must have a proven track record of success in selling, recruiting, training and a full understanding of marketing trends prevalent to our business and customer base.
The DOS will also be active in the community and represent the interests of our company and our customers always.
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Develop and manage key relationships with decision makers.
- Work directly with local Business Owners, Media Planners, and other key decision makers.
- Review revenue forecasting with Vice President/GM on a weekly basis.
- Develop and execute the strategic plan for the cluster’s local sales.
- Develop annual budget and meet regularly with Market Manager to review.
- Hire, train and coach Marketing Consultants
- Account list management
- Negotiate client broadcast rates, commercial schedules, and unit pricing.
- Hold sales team accountable to expectations.
- Provide leadership and communication to the market.
Requirements of this position include:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience with a minimum of five years’ sales management
- A proven track record of running a successful sales organization.
- Must be a strategic thinker and planner.
- Computer and spreadsheet proficient.
- Ability to create, maintain, and improve client relationships.
- Ability to train and coach a sales team to maximize revenue through effective inventory management.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Ability to grow the business and find new revenue opportunities that benefit everyone involved.Contact: [email protected]